OverviewAntibacterial version available (616T420)!
- For shape-retaining orthotic components, e.g. paralysis orthoses, DAFOs and Ankle seven
- Sheet size of 400 x 400 mm is ideal for the fabrication of prosthetic sockets
- High stiffness
- High strength
- High thermoplastic dimensional stability
- Reduced impact strength
- Can be reinforced with 617R11=PP Thermoprepreg PP
- Easy to dye with Ottobock thermopapers
- Temperature recommendation: 215 °C (419 °F) (heating plate), 185 °C (365 °F) (convection oven, infrared oven)
- The low impact value means great care must be taken during machining in order to avoid brittle fractures (stress concentration).
Application and temperature recommendations for thermoplastics
PDF Document | Published: Aug 1, 2014
Materials Thermoplastics in orthopedic technology
PDF Document | Published: Jan 1, 2014