This FIT KIT is testing equipment designed to facilitate the correct choice of a WalkOn AFO (ankle foot orthoses). The objective is to assess if a WalkOn Flex is appropriate for the patient. The purpose is not to evaluate the correct size.
The FIT KIT is suited for WalkOn Flex, article number 28U22. (WalkOn Flex is designed with a rubber sole attached on the footplate, which makes it easy to customize with the use of a simple pair of scissors).
The FIT KIT includes four products:
- 1 left 28U22 adapted to size 37 (fits shoe size 37-41)
- 1 right 28U22 adapted to size 37 (fits shoe size 37-41)
- 1 left 28U22 adapted to size 42 (fits shoe size 42-45)
- 1 right 28U22 adapted to size 42 (fits shoe size 42-45)
(Size 37 fits patients which have up to shoe size 41and size 42 fits patients which have up to shoe size 45).
How to use the FIT KIT?
- Choose a suitable product in terms of size and side for your patient.
- Place the AFO in the patient’s shoe, preferably under any removable insole.
- Apply the shoe and product onto the patient.
- Let the patient walk a short distance and evaluate the effectiveness of the AFO.
- If the result is positive, fit the patient with the appropriate size of a WalkOn Flex.
If the patient prefers or needs a more rigid AFO, choose a classic WalkOn 28U11 or a WalkOn Trimable 28U23 (a classic WalkOn but with a rubber sole attached on the footplate).
(WalkOn / WalkOn Trimable FIT KIT, article number 28T1N)
Note: As the size of the test model is often not entirely correct, the patient may experience some pressure at the medial malleolus. This is remedied by a correct customized product, grinding or cutting according to our fitting instructions (see the products IFU, instructions for use).
The WalkOn Range Information for Practitioners
Dynamic Lower Leg Orthoses
PDF Document | Published: Jul 1, 2014
FIT KIT for WalkOn Flex - Information for Practicioners
PDF Document | Published: Mar 1, 2013