As we bring you new and improved products, we also do whatever we can to help you gain appropriate reimbursement. To that end, we meet with representatives of the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) regularly to discuss new technologies to secure appropriate reimbursement. Our product launch process typically includes educational materials for you about reimbursement for our new technologies.
In this section, you will find webinars we have developed to help you learn more about securing appropriate reimbursement for our advanced technologies. New materials are always in development. Check here periodically to find new and improved information, and our Courses and Events page for upcoming webinars.
How to Justify the Medical Necessity of Advanced Prosthetic and Orthotic Devices
What this webinar covers:
- What does "medical necessity" mean? How do you have to justify the medical necessity of a device?
- How do medical staff think? Which buttons do you have to push to convince them of your claim?
- How to leverage clinical / scientific evidence to write a letter of medical necessity for certain devices. What evidence is available for Ottobock products? How to match patients' needs with the existing evidence.
- How to avoid common mistakes in your documentation that can put your claim at risk.
Audit Help: Essential Elements of documentation required for Medicare
Presentation used in this webinar
Learning objectives for the webinar:
- Understanding the necessary elements needed to be compliant with Medicare.
- Understanding C-Leg product and features and how to document the goals of fitting & medical necessity for each billing code.
- Review the Ottobock Audit Survival Tool which is a step by step guide to tackling the requirements.
Resources for patients: videos
In addition to our webinars for healthcare professionals, we also created a short series of informative videos to help patients better understand their rights and the funding process for medical devices. Browse the links below to watch them.